BPSS Presents Barnet Schools’ Dance Festival 2020
Action and response by 18 October 2019
It is with enormous excitement that we are writing to inform you of the details for
BPSS Barnet Schools’ Dance Festival 2020
Venue: Artsdepot, Tally Ho Corner, North Finchley, London N12 0GA
Dates: 5 & 6 March 2020 at 6pm and 9-13 March 2020 at 7pm
Continuing the success of the Dance Festival in Barnet’s very own state of the art venue, we are delighted to return to the Artsdepot.
The Pentland Theatre in the Artsdepot is a fantastic, hugely comfortable 400 seater auditorium with a large stage suitable for dance performance and offers the latest in theatre technology.
Barnet Schools’ Dance Festival is now in its 31st year and for those schools who have not yet taken part, it is an event which gives students the opportunity to bring their work to a larger audience, share their experiences with other young people and celebrate their achievements in the arts.
Conditions of Entry:
- Each school to perform one dance between 2-4 minutes in length
- 4 minutes is the maximum time allowed by any school
- Any school with examination dance may enter two dance pieces, one GCSE, A Level and one lower school piece.
- The chosen piece can be of any style
- Students and teachers would need to be available for most of the day and evening on the performance day
- Group dances should be limited to a maximum of 20 dancers. The only exception to this rule is if the dance is to be performed by a form group and this must be cleared by Anne Fisher as soon as possible.